Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The one with the nursery ideas

Early in my pregnancy, I spent countless hours browsing Pinterest and Houzz to get ideas on how to turn the spare room in our home into a nursery. I fantasized about what paint colors, baby furniture, and decor to get. I was so fascinated with nurseries that you'd think we'd have Audrey's room all set by now. We don't, and we only have less than two months to go.

We will be sharing our room with our baby, so it's not really going to be a nursery. Now that I'm about to give birth, I can't imagine having a nursery like the ones I see online where the parents' bed is not in the same room. So, what we'll do is to turn our room into the baby's room with our bed squeezed in.

We have decided to get a crib after all. We'll do without a bed frame for now and just have our mattress on the floor, I feel that it's much safer that way. That leaves us with just enough space for storage for Audrey's stuff, either a cabinet or a chest/changing table. Abet's and my cabinet is getting kicked out.

We were supposed to have the room painted over the holidays while my husband and brothers were on school break, but we never got around to it. It was mainly because I could not decide on the colors. I have now finalized my choices: light gray, white, and baby pink.


Above is the look I want to go for, except that it's going to be pink instead of blue. I wish the crib we're getting is white, but the one we want is only available in natural wood. I'm also going to do those white letters.

Here are other pink nursery looks I'm loving:







I'll try to incorporate the elements I like in the images above in our room.

We start painting the room this weekend, and I have already started on my craft projects. Can't wait to blog about what we come up with!

2 comments:

  1. Dei, what craft projects are you making? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chrissy! I'm working on the letters of my baby's name now to go above the crib. I hope it turns out well. I'm planning to make framed/wall art as well, and probably some buntings. Will postpone the spray-painting projects for after I give birth because of the fumes.

      Delete