Sunday, October 28, 2012

The one with the Petunia Pickle Bottom bags

Before I got pregnant, I told myself that I'll get a Kate Spade Stevie diaper bag once I have a baby. I once said that I'll get Kate Spade shoes for my wedding, and hey, it happened. Kate Spade is my favorite brand, but I don't own any of her bags, so I told myself that I could reward myself with this once I become a mother.
It's gorgeous, isn't it? It even comes with a cute changing pad! The price? $400. Kate Spade isn't a luxury brand like Louis Vuitton or Prada, but it's still too much for my middle-class income. It's not something I can buy before months of saving up and without much thought, and all this thinking makes me realize that P16,000+ (if I had it) is not something I'm willing to spend on a bag at this point. That amount can already pay for so many baby stuff, so... no. No Kate Spade diaper bag for me.

I was window-shopping virtually for less expensive stylish baby bags earlier when I came across the brand Petunia Pickle Bottom on the Nordstrom and Zappos website. Petunia Pickle Bottom! I want to buy a bag just because it sounds like someone from Hogwarts. It doesn't hurt that I find their designs so cute:





Their bags cost $130-$180, so they're still a no-go. Abet is probably relieved that we can't afford these because the floral designs are too girly, and he'll probably be carrying most of the baby stuff when we go out.

That means I'm still on the hunt for a stylish, non-girly, non-pa-cute, and affordable diaper bag. We've been to the Baby Couture shop in Glorietta, and we like their items the most so far, but suggestions are most welcome.

1 comment:

  1. I have a heartstrings bag now, serves its purpose. I had Bebe Chic but too big now for my toddler. Buy it from me for half the price! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=415523768514837&set=a.379461622121052.79668.336836859716862&type=1&theater

    ReplyDelete