Saturday, October 13, 2012

The one with the non-Bridal Book feature

With our first wedding anniversary (and 6th overall) coming up in a few days, I was suddenly reminded of this email I received many months ago:


Ah, BridalBook with the beautiful featured weddings. How many brides would have loved to get an email like this? I was so giddy that they considered our wedding to be worthy of a feature on their site along with the big-budget weddings with top-notch suppliers. They only feature special and unique weddings, and getting that email made me feel that all our efforts to make our wedding special and unique despite our limited budget paid off.

So, where's the link the to the feature? Sad to say, there's none. I received that email back in April, which was a very bad time for Abet and me. He was being stretched to the brink of snapping with grad school requirements, he was exhausted, we fought a lot, we didn't have enough money to pay for his school expenses, blah blah blah. We were so stressed at that time, and we were struggling to keep our heads above the water. The website feature was the furthest thing from my mind. I never got to submit the required pictures at all. Sorry, Kristy from BridalBook.ph.

It's okay. Featured or not, I know that our wedding was beautiful. Abet and I worked hard for it to make sure that it reflected our style and personalities, and we got the best suppliers our budget would allow. I like to think that it was Abet's and my ideas and efforts that got recognized--not our photographers', not our coordinators--not anyone else's, but ours (which our photographers, Mimi+Karl, beautifully captured). We had elements that were so uniquely Abet and Dea. We might not have gotten that feature, but I'm still very much honored. Thank you, BridalBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment