Monday, September 17, 2012

The one with the new home

I've been blogging since 2003, and since then I've had my blog hosted on a bunch of sites: Blurty, LiveJournal, Xanga, Friendster (eeep!), Multiply, and Blogger/Blogspot. In 2010, I started paying for a self-hosted blog with a WordPress platform and my own domain so I could monetize it.

I haven't been doing my paid blog assignments for some time now. It was fun for a while--I made around $80-$100 a month--but it got tiring. Blogging became more of a task than a hobby, and I missed blogging for enjoyment. Plus, I realized that I can make more money by just concentrating on my work. It doesn't make sense to keep paying for hosting for my blog since I'm no longer interested in making money from it.

I'm setting my old blog to expire soon and will be blogging at this address moving forward. I still have a copy of the old blog exported somewhere else, though. As my husband and I transition into a new phase in our lives, there's going to be a shift in the content I'll be posting. It's only right to move to a new home and start anew, and I'm so excited about it.

So, here it is. My new home. This Happy Little Home.

Welcome, welcome! Enjoy your stay!

*image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment