Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The one with the 30th birthday musings


I turned 30 yesterday! Happy birthday to me! I've never felt more loved, more spoiled, more grateful, and more blessed than I do today. My life isn't perfect and I've made a bunch of wrong turns along the way, but at this very moment, I feel that I'm where I'm supposed to be. Thank you, Papa God, for everything You've given me. I just might be the happiest 30 year old on the face of a planet.

Here are what make me smile at this point in my life:

My husband. I am married to a kind, generous, loving, supportive, hardworking, responsible, talented, handsome, and great-smelling man. He is a good provider. He takes care of me and spoils me silly and puts my needs and happiness before his, and I have no doubt that he'll do the same for our child. I am still so kilig after all these years. Our marriage is far from perfect, but we work on it every single day.

My baby Audrey. I am so in love. I am crazy over someone I haven't met yet. She has consumed me in the last 5 months. She is already the love of our lives and our world now revolves around her, and she isn't even born yet! Just the thought of her makes me smile. She inspires Abet and me to do our best. I can't wait to hold her in my arms.

My family. I have the BEST family, and this is something I am truly grateful for every single day. Abet and Audrey are fortunate to have them as well. My parents are my heroes and my siblings are my best friends. They'll make wonderful grandparents and uncles and aunt (my sister is my baby's favorite auntie by default). My parents' home is full of laughter and stories and music and good food and pets. Like all families, we have our bad times, but home is where these people are, and home will always be a happy place for me.

My in-laws. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have kind and loving in-laws, so I feel like I have hit the jackpot with mine. I can feel that they genuinely love me. Finding a good husband is already an answered prayer, but to have him come with a good family is much more than what I asked for.

My friends. I don't have a lot of friends, I'm no Miss Congeniality. But while my friends are few, they are loyal and true, and that's how I like it.

My pets. 1 rabbit, 4 dogs, 11 cats. They bring me so much joy.

My job. I work at home, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I have no schedule, I work whenever I want and as much as I want, and this set-up will allow me to be the mother and wife I want to be. Sure, it's not the most glamorous thing in the world, spending all day in my pambahay clothes with no makeup and no one to socialize with, but I'll choose my daily pambahay outfits over dressing up so I can be present for my family. Plus, I have the time to do other income-generating projects. I also love my company, this is the first employer I've worked for where I have nothing to complain about. I enjoy the work I do, and I have nothing but respect for my bosses and colleagues. Oh, and the pay isn't too shabby. :)

My future projects. I had to cancel my makeup bookings when I got pregnant because they fall this month and early 2013, and I have to decline inquiries for now, but I have faith that I'll be able to pick up where I left off in my makeup career once I am ready to go back to it. Also, my brother Joe and I have started a homebaking business for the holidays, and we already earned a bit and we're booked for the month. We'll work on this full-force next year, and I'll be taking several baking lessons after I give birth. I'm also working on a big, exciting web-based project and I can't wait for it to be launched. I'm so excited!

My skills and my talents. I can do makeup well enough, I have my fun with different musical instruments, and I bake mean cupcakes and cakes. These fulfill me, and I'm still eager to learn more and acquire more skills.

My future. It looks bright. Abet and I are buying our car and our house soon, with our very own money. We'll travel again once the baby is old enough. We plan to have more children. I cannot wait to see what life has in store for me. I am claiming all blessings.

I can only look back at my past with fondness, and look forward to my future with anticipation. I have learned enough lessons and gained enough wisdom over the years for me to carry on more confidently and with more purpose than ever. I am one happy, blessed girl. It feels good to be 30.

*photo c/o Google Image Search

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Dea!

    Enjoy being "30, flirty, and thriving!". picked that up from the movie "13 going on 30". hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uy, gusto ko yang flirty na yan! :D Dapat flirty forever and ever kahit gurang na, hehe! :D

      Delete